The "Naked Clothed" Initiative
Self-esteem is often shattered by nakedness. Finding clothe for peasants is a major task for DARC in her mission to fulfill the creed.
If this need touches your heart, please let us know immediately
Whereas shelter generally reduces the functional need for clothing it is still of paramount importance. The most apparent function of clothing is to improve the comfort of the wearer, by protecting the wearer from the elements. Clothing protects against many things that might injure the uncovered human body. Clothes protect people from the elements, including rain, snow, wind, and other weather, as well as from the sun. Wearing clothes also has social implications. They cover parts of the body that social norms require to be covered, act as a form of adornment, and serve other social purposes.
• DARC need clothing and shoes of all sizes to give to those who have little of this world’s goods.
• Thousands of children go to school in rags, a humbling consequence of poverty.
• One youth said “I want to do something good for myself,” “I try to study, but I don’t fit in. They make fun of my clothes.”
• Some children go to school in pajamas. Two brothers alternate days in class because they only have one pair of good pants between them.
• Your help with a “clothing drive” will help brighten many faces and lift the spirits of mothers and children.
CLOTHING IS DESPERATELY NEEDED FOR THE POOR AND NEEDY.
Let Us Know How You Will Help!
Thank you for your interest in supporting DARC’s “Naked Clothed” Initiative.